travelling and living in different places always brings something new in your life. a bit more than last three months i spent in italy and only now, when i just day ago arrived back in northern part of civilization, i realized what has changed in my life while living in italy.
- i don’t know how to cross the street! even thou here are not many cars by my place, i get as close to getting driven off as you
can get. EVERY-FKN-TIME. i just go. and that’s a mistake. no one does that here. even when street is empty people are waiting for green light. i don’t even notice traffic lights in general anymore…
- if we’re talking about native people, i am really (really, REALLLY) used to the fact that 99,99(9999)% of people, ok, i’m talking about guys, really do have only brown eyes and beards. in just few last hours i’ve catch myself in empty staring with half-way open mouth at guys who have blonde hair and blue eyes. although in italy there were many tourists, i still haven’t seen so many blonde people in one place in a looooooooooooong time.
- i am saying ‘ciao!’ as ‘hello!’ and ‘bye!’ to everyone. the saddest part in it – it is not so common to greet everyone here. not in the shops, not your neighbors, not… anyone! especially they will look at you with weird look if you’re leaving shop with bright smile and loud ‘ciao!’. no. do not do that. (ieva, do not do that…).
- timing. i was pretty sure that still till the last day italian slowness irritated me. i know that i started to get along with that, but still – needed some more time to completely calm myself down if i needed to wait for something. now i can’t catch up with people. everything is happening like each second has value of lifetime. SLOW DOOOOOOOOOWN, please. pretty please!
- i am used to take off my clothes only when it’s at least +30. +20 does not count. you do not walk with skirts in +20 !!!!!! such an insanity…
no, actually i’m joking. it’s only +18 here now and once and again i’m the only one showing my naked legs…
- trashes. italians are obsessed with recycling. now, when i have only one trash bin where to put everything, i often unconsciously leave some things outside just because it does not feel right to put everything in one place… then i go back and wonder – why i haven’t thrown it out?!
enough with my new lifestyle traditions for now. lifts, wind and bicycles – it’s still a thing!!! now i can live happily ever after